Monday, July 27, 2009

Introduction to Maddy-Gramatical errors included

My name is Maddy. I'm an 18 years of age and I have been Gluten Free for the past 4 months. I do not have Celiacs, only A.D.H.D. Yeah, I'm one of those kids, the kind you can distract with a breeze. Four months ago I realized that I HATED taking my meds, I gained a ridiculous amount of weight from them and having to take enough medicine that would be the equivalent of the amount of sedative a baby elephant needs to be tranquilized after it has run rampant for a good 8 hours got to be boring. To many of you that makes no sense, so here is the translation: I took 180 mg of Wellbutrin a day, that is equivalent to what a 250lbs man would take, I am not close to that weight and the mood swings it produced were getting to hard to handle. A few months before I decided to turn gluten/medicine free my friend Katie was telling me about all the pros of being gluten-free. I figured that a life without flour would kill me, 4 months later i am still kicking ( then again I did sneak 2 hush puppies in North Carolina). This blog is for all of you like me looking for an alternative and in need of some help, I know I did when i was starting out. there will always be an occasional rant about how hard it is to be GF in college especially in the South (I'm a California Girl going to North Carolina for school, challenges/hijinks will ensue).
I guess what I'm trying to say is that I am here to help with open arms and full shopping carts.

Lightning, love, fire, and the occasional comet,
Maddy

No comments:

Post a Comment