Monday, July 27, 2009

The Name's Katie

Halo!

I'm Katie.

About 18 months ago, my mom and her sisters started talking about Celiacs Disease. I learned that meant, "no wheat, no barley, no rye", as it caused some not- so- good reactions. I gave it a shot about a year ago, but I was eating this one kind of terrible bread that was a million pounds, wayyy to dry, wayy to thick, and lacked any flavor whatsoever, bread, every day. I didn't try too hard and I gave up 2 or 3 months later. 6 months later, I saw how good my cousin was doing GF and I tasted some of her GF bread, and then decided to give it another try! I gave GF a serious shot and saw how much it cleared up my skin (YEY!), how I wasn't all bloated, and how much clearer my mind was. I also noticed the wonderful feeling of eating GF for multiple days. I also think that it made me have to take less of my ADHD medicine. Over the past 6 months, I have learned that I can't eat gluten for every meal or every day, without feeling nauseous. I can handle some gluten, like a bite of something or a part of a meal, but I can immediately tell if I've eaten it, and I lose that "feeling really good feeling". Cookies are a weakness and I'm on a quest to find amazing GF cookies... can anyone recomend any good ones? xD I've had a few big relapses, but it's all in progress for me.

Peace, love, and smiley faces! :)

~ Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment